Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sookie Stackhouse 1

Okay, I finished the Rachel Morgan series, really good, but there's plenty of situations left unresolved. I'm hoping for more books in the series.
So, now I'm reading Charlaine Harris' books, on which True Blood on HBO is based. So far, I've read Dead Until Dark, Living Dead in Dallas, Club Dead, and am currently reading Dead to the World. I have to say that this is another series that is one which will grab you by the eyes and not let go until you've read it all (and I'm pre-ordering the 9th book in the series, Dead and Gone, since I have the first 8 books).
Spoiler Alert: If you haven't read the books, don't read any farther. One of the characters in the books, well, just let me say that his vampiric existence gives a very good reason for all the Elvis sightings that are reported in the tabloids (and his character is not at all what you would expect it to be). And that's all I'm going to say on that. He's not a major character, but he does pop in and out of the books, kinda like those Elvis sightings.....lol
Now, I haven't watched True Blood on HBO, so I don't know how closely the series follows the books, or how they've set up the series as far as how many series episodes cover how many chapters of the books. But if the series is half as good as the books, it's probably pretty good (but I hate watching movies/etc made from books I've read because they just aren't the same, no matter how faithful the movie/series tries to be).
But this is definitely another series of books I would recommend reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment