Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sookie Stackhouse 3

Okay, I lied. I finished Definitely Dead, started and finished All Together Dead yesterday, and today I started and finished From Dead To Worse. I have to say that I like this series as much as I like the Anita Blake series, maybe more.
Sookie shows an amazing amount of personal growth throughout the 8 books I've read so far, as well as growth in her telepathy and how/why she uses it. From the looks of the ending of From Dead To Worse, there are going to be some surprises in the 9th book, Dead and Gone (like her cousin's very young son who has the same talent Sookie has, said cousin having been married, pregnant, and divorced before she became a vampire and then died the second, and final, time). Oh yeah, I'm very much looking forward to this book (maybe it will also wrap up the loose ends from the vampire war, and the Were war). And it looks like the Weres and the shapeshifters may be coming out of the closet, like the vamps did (that ought to be good for at least one more book, maybe more). Can you tell I want this series to continue for a while? :)
If you haven't read the books yet, I highly recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment