Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lover's Bite by Maggie Shayne

I've read books by Maggie Shayne before, and I have to say that when I see her name on a book, it's probably one that I'm going to buy. Lover's Bite is a continuation of the story started in Demon's Kiss. A vampire worked for the CIA (and let me tell you, the CIA in these books is really good at playing games and fucking everybody over) and was programmed to become insanely violent when he heard a certain codeword, and the violence ended when another codeword was spoken within range of his hearing. Reaper (the vampire) has decided he no longer works for the CIA, and has gone to work for the vampire community, hunting and killing rogue vampires. Unfortunately for him, the CIA just doesn't want to let him go. He ends up saving an assortment of characters (a werefox who is now a vampire, a couple of female vampires who have been tortured). He has the sorta kinda maybe help of a vampire conman who takes advantage of women for their money, and a couple of Chosen women (Chosen have a belladonna antigen in their blood and if they don't get "turned" by a vampire, they die at a young age, Chosen can be male or female). This series is quite a mix of mystery, murder, romance, and crime with a supernatural bent, and I love it. I'm on the lookout for more books in this series.
I'm almost finished with Primal Needs by Susan Sizemore (another great author in the supernatural romance genre). This is also a book in a series, and I own and have read Primal Desires and Primal Heat. More vampires and weres and plots within plots within plots along with romance. Susan Sizemore is another of the authors who, when I see her name on a book, I usually have to buy that book.

No comments:

Post a Comment